Thursday, March 12, 2009

Music to my ears

Today, as I contemplate my workout for the evening, I am excited about the "Strength" workout that I am about to do. Sometimes the monotony of running the same routes at the same pace telling yourself the same little motivators throughout the run becomes too much to handle. Since this week has been a bit hectic, it may be worth reading about my runs.

All weekend I had intended to run, but well intentions are not always action producers, busy with other important endeavors, including cleaning, laundry, and music, I missed both weekend runs. Monday, I had planned my first run back, but after a nap and an invite to a social event, I continued my streak of no runs.
Finally, on Tuesday I found the time to put in a run and I ran a very very strong 7 miles in the rain. The monotony was broken, running in the rain is like a religious experience (if you've never done this, I highly recommend it because it feels like being baptized in the waters of nature). Wednesday I pulled off a 6 mile run in less than 50 minutes. I am having so much fun beating my old records at this point, that I cannot imagine why I ever allowed myself to fall out of shape. I am consistently getting compliments on how slim I look (lost 20lbs since beginning the training program) and I am finally finding renewed motivation to make this marathon dream a reality.

Positive thought for the day:
If you feel like you've hit the bottom, don't worry the bounce back up gets you higher than you have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment